Friday, October 29, 2004

Pet fun

We don't have any pets, aside from the occasional snakes we find. However our neighbors are in Colorado for a week and asked us to Watch their lab and kitten. Our adventure begins. The kitten is a house cat, so I was reluctant to let the kids play with it outside, but they assured me they would watch it carefully. A few minutes later I saw the small black kitten running away through the yard, so I took chase. He ran all around our large yard until he finally escaped into the woods, gone from sight. I was half upset with the kids for letting him get loose and half wondering how I could explain it to the neighbors upon their return. I asked the kids how they could've let the kitten get away, then they pointed to Tierra who was holding the kitten. Seems I was chasing around a stray who looked just like our keep! Next day I was in their house feeding and watering when I stepped in a stray turd and tracked it throughout their house before realizing it. This morning before work (6:30am) I let the dog out to do her duty and went inside for a moment and she took off. I wandered around waking up the neighborhood but could not find her. I did hear our other neighbor's ducks and chickens making excited noises and waited to hear the gunshot. (We live in the country). Daisy had already killed a chicken of theirs in the past and was most unwelcome. I had to leave for work and fretted until Eliza called and said the dog had returned safely, thankully. Sure hope my neighbors don't read this blog!
Pet update: Daisy chewed through her leash and ran away again. Caught her on the way off to JD's soccer game. Neighbors come home today...Must hold on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home